Everyone has a bucket list whether it is written or not, it’s there - and mine has been growing for years – every year I check a few things off it and add ten more.
It’s a wild world out there, and sitting at home in front of the TV, or working 50 hours a week in a job you hate is not going to help you experience it. These are my goals… what are yours?
1. Cuddle a tiger
2. Ride a motorbike through Vietnam
3. Create a piece of theatre with a group of underprivileged children
4. Give my time to the development of a charity organisation
5. Get a traditional Pacific tattoo – in the traditional (painful) way
6. Safari in africa.
7. Ride an elephant bareback.
8. Have a piece of writing published.
9. Perform on broadway.
10. Open a school.
11. Eat weird food in China
Have a baby (or four)
13. Live in a remote place, on a beach, in a foreign country
14. Drive across Nevada in a convertible
15. See grizzly bears in the wild
16. Learn to surf
17. Have a one of my plays performed in London
18. Stay with a tribe in Africa
19. Swim with sharks
20. Donate $10,000 to charity
21. Drink Tequilla on a beach in Mexico
22. Become fluent in another language
23. Learn how to do a mural in spray paint
24. Play a whole song on my guitar
Give it all up for someone else
26. Feel no fear while traveling alone
27. Travel alone in the Middle East.
28. Visit the Killing Fields in Cambodia
29. Write a best seller travel book.
30. Eat cheese in France
31. Volunteer in Iraq
32. Climb a coconut tree
33. Hold Sisters first child and kiss that soft skin
34. Go to Uluru
35. Go on a walkabout
36. Drive across Australia
Make a decision without doubt
38. Get my masters degree
39. See the pyramids
40. Visit the Dalai Lama’s temple in India
41. Go to Peru
42. Get funding for writing.
43. See a tiger in the wild.
44. Give completely selflessly
45. Have a photograph published
46. Adopt a child
47. Trek in Nepal
48. Trek through the Jungles of Borneo
49. Be a part of a research trip in Antarctica
50. Walk on a glacier
51. Be a foster parent
52. Take a bath in a mud volcano
53. Harvest rice
54. Climb an active volcano
55. Banish self conciousness
56. Visit the seven wonders of the world.
57. Dance at an Indian wedding.
58. Learn how to train an Elephant in Thailand
59. Be a part of a turtle rehabilitation program
60. Visit the Dalai Lama temple in Northern India
This list will grow and change and develop, some of these things I will do alone, others I will hope to do with friends. For every moment gained another door opens to so many experiences that I never have imagined. My goal is to find a way through life which encourages education, experience and excitement, no matter my age, my finances or my situation.
What is life if not to be lived?